Saturday, September 24, 2011

Birch Box

It's my birthday on Monday! I'm getting a birch box subscription as a gift, and I'm so excited! I spend a ton of money at Sephora each year buying random gift sets for myself that I don't need, because I get bored and want something new. Hopefully birch box will give me that beauty fix!

For those of you who don't know what birch box is, it's this fabulous mail order beauty company. It's a lot like a magazine actually. You purchase a subscription, and then they send you a cute little box of beauty goodies every month. Each box has four "deluxe" samples (for those of you that are beauty insiders at Sephora, this is the size of the sample you receive after earning 100 points), and 1 just for fun extra thing. What I find most interesting is the variety of samples they give out.

These boxes can have anything from Nars orgasm to a granola bar. The samples usually fall into the categories of skincare, makeup, perfume or lifestyle (candles, food, etc.). They often have little helpful, odd, interesting things, like a lash card, as the extra. Whats nice is that these deluxe samples come at a VERY good price! Occasionally, you'll even receive a full sized container of product (I've been told). 

When you create your birch box account, they have you take a short quiz. This helps them customize your box with the items they think you'd prefer. They also give you recommendations for their store. You can purchase full sized products of whatever was in the box, or browse a wide variety of other products, many from previous months' boxes. What's nice is if you do love a sample you receive, if you buy it within the month you received it, shipping is free! Plus theres a points program that gives you 10 dollars off with every 100 points. 

Overall I'm VERY excited to get my first birchbox! I'll post about it as soon as it comes. If you want to learn more here is the birch box website. The beauty blog Polish and Pearls also has some fabulous reviews of previous boxes, if you want to see whats in them. 

Thats all for now, stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment